January 23, 2012

A Cup o' Tea

Today I'll put a more positive spin on Japanese taste buds---one really good thing you can find here is a large variety of fruit teas, juices and flavored water.  I enjoy peach tea, lemon tea, acerola juice, lemon honey water and lemon ginger water, among others.  One of my first delicious discoveries was milk tea, which is exactly like what it sounds, a combination of milk and tea.  On the other hand, one time I got what I thought was peach tea, only to get it home and discover that it was peach-flavored milk---not so good.

All of these are really popular here, you always see a large variety in convenience stores, supermarkets and vending machines.  I can get my milk tea hot or cold---the vending machines and convenience stores here have sections of the cases that are kept hot rather than cold.  I think, based on what is for sale, that these types of drinks are more popular than sodas. For the record there does also seem to be a large market for coffee and espresso drinks.

check out the "Juicy Banana Latte" on the second shelf down, far right--it's not ALL good
a random selection from our fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...